[LRflex] Re: Comcast ISP

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:27:34 -0800

On Nov 5, 2008, at 2:52 PM, Steve Lewis wrote:

You might want to
check with your local provider.

Steve,

Thanks, but there is no "local provider." Only the giant Comcast bureaucracy.

When I contacted freelist.org about my being summarily dropped from the leicaflex list, freelist.org told me of their conflict with Comcast and that they, freelist.org had not thrown me off but that Comcast had refused to let freelist.org send me emails because Comcast thinks erroneously freelist.org is sending spam.

There is nothing I or you can do to resolve this dispute.

I now use a Google gmail account which avoids the Comcast erroneously spam-filtering email system.

My connection for the leicaflex list is:

My Mac to the internet, via Apple's Mail application, to Google, to freelist.org and back again. Comcast does not get to judge whether any emails to or from me are spam or not.

Bill