[LRflex] Re: Clapton's Leica

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 18:02:58 -0700

Hi all,

And go here for another equal opportunity goof:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/23/world/main2507273.shtml? source=RSSattr=HOME_2507273

You'll see the Israeli Defense Minister inspecting his troops through his lens caps.

Mea culpa; I have done the same thing with an M6, though never with binoculars, yet.

Happy daze,

Bill

On Aug 5, 2007, at 5:33 PM, Thomas Schofield wrote:

Bil,

Go to this link, and scroll down to the "PS" box after
the Clapton photos, and it has Dubua Bush looking
through binoculars with the caps on.  Clinton wouldn't
surprise me either, though!

The photographs and article about Eric Clapton
leaving his lens cap on are at:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html? in_article_id=4

Tom

--- Bill Hunter <williamphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings:

Sorry, but it wasn't Bush looking through the
binoculars with the lens caps
on. It was Clinton, in an Army observation post in
Korea, in 1993. I have
the photo. I also have one of Bush in the same
situation, with the lens caps
off. Not that it matters.

Kindest regards,

Bill Hunter