[LRflex] Re: Black-crowned Night Heron

  • From: "FLAVIO GORI" <flaviogori@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:49:07 +0200

Everytime I see a Doug's photo, I start to think  about those photographers
saying that shooting birds you need autofocus.
Congratulations Doug. I hope you will have the time to tell us about your on
the field shooting experience, something like a friendly lesson. One per day
or week or whenever you like. Pills of tech skill and experience to collect.

Flavio

On 27/03/07, William G. Lamb, III <lambroving@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Doug,
>
> Shadow? :-) The SL meter rules!
>
> Quite a head shot! Would enjoy viewing it larger to see
> more of the feather details. OOF is great.
>
> Don't stop shooting film anytime soon... :-)
>
> William
>
> At 01:44 AM 3/27/2007, you wrote:
> >from the shadow side:
> >
> >http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/bnhe00.jpg
> >
> >now before any of youse start thinking that it takes super-stealth
> >mode or smelling like a fish to get this close to a heron, this is an
> >almost-tame bird at Oakland's Lake Merrit where they beg for handouts.
> >
> >Technical stuff:
> >
> >Camera: Leicaflex SL2
> >Lens: yes, I used one
> >Sensor: Kodak E100G