[LRflex] Re: Bighorns (also Nikon eyepiece mag and some snaps)

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 14:02:21 -0700

David. The DK-21 is the whole thing. The magnifier and the eyecup all in one. You do not have to order anything else. See some past posts of mine for a link. Here is a link to the part. This shows it: http://tinyurl.com/yst4tf

I bought mine on FleaBay for $21 plus S/H.  Our local store is not a Nikon
dealer.

Aram

From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Bighorns (also Nikon eyepiece mag and some  snaps)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:51:55 -0700

Bob Palmieri wrote:

I just added the Nikon DK-21 eyepiece mag to my 20D and am really seeing a much lower rate of trashing the raws due to focus problems.

Hi Bob!

That's good news! I'm having the same trouble, focusing the 30D. The focus confirmation helps greatly, but at smaller apertures, or in low light, or with very long lenses, it is of no use.

From the appearance of things, it seems that you add the DK-21M magnifier to the DK-21 eyecup, and add both to your camera. Is that right?

Lovely photos, btw. I really like the detail/sharpness of your swallows. :-)