[LRflex] Back Porch Band now Sony Macro 90

  • From: Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRF reflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 21:04:12 -0500

Steve, I've only had it for a week, but so far it has been terrific.

Lightroom CC already has the adjustments for it, and I upgraded my Sony to
the latest firmware the same day I bought it.

A bit bulky, but a little fatter and about the same weight as my Leica
Macro R Elmar 100mm with the 1:1 attached.

I focuses from 11 inches and does not need a 1:1 barrel.

The auto-focus is peppy and accurate, and as you can tell, works pretty
good as a normal 90.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

sony 90mm 2.8 macro ?? happy with it Sonny?

Sent from my iPhone
Steve Barbour

On Jul 21, 2015, at 8:52 AM, Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Part of the bulk is that it can do 1:1 without an extension.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:38 AM, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

G'Mornin' Sonny!

I had to go and look the lens up .. and you're right, it does appear
quite bulky... though macro lenses often are, due to their increased focus
travel.

Still, all the reports say that it offers incredible performance, and
your photos bear that out. No wonder you're pleased with it!

Enjoy! I'll look forward to seeing more results from it!

David.

Thanks so much. I'm really excited about the performance of the 90mm
macro. It is kind of bulky but so far I'm wowed by the results for an AF
lens; heck, for any lens of that length.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 1:15 PM, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Another nice series, Sonny!

I think I like the fellow in the brown fedora, playing slide guitar the
best.

You're handling that Sony very nicely.

David.

--
David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake,BC, CANADA

Some shots at the Back Porch Band performance of the Natchitoches
Northwestern Folk Festival, in the air conditioned Coliseum.

http://sonc.com/look/?p=4523

Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/