[LRflex] Re: Another Blue Jay

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:16:33 -0700

I showed,

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/BluJay3.htm

And Doug Herr commented:

I pre(f)er the composition of your previous two BLJA photos because in this one much of the bird's body is hidden behind the branch. I'd also like to see more eye contact than this photo shows.

Thanks, Doug, for taking the time to look. I agree with your remarks about the "hidden body". However, I liked the shot because of the "raised crown" ... something I did not see on any other blue jay, in several hours of observing/photographing.

I believe the raised crest indicates alertness.

Perfect!  Thanks.