[LRflex] Adventures with the mighty 400 Telyt

  • From: bob palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:54:37 -0500

Folks -

I've decided to dabble in Rejoining the Party here on the list, so
here's some stuff.

Seeing as how migration season will soon be upon us here in the midwest
USA I figured I should loosen up the Telyt (and my chops with this
axe.) Discovered some interesting things about setup; basically Leica
sells a number of different guide pins for this lens. By combining
various pins with various grades of damping grease you can set up the
drag of the focussing tube pretty much any way you'd like.  For me, who
doesn't have an easy time focussing this rig on the 20D I need all the
help I can get.  Anyhow, I took it out last weekend; didn't find any
cooperative birds so I shot what I saw:

Hands of a local gourmet (they have nice red coats around here):

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album389/Squirrel_08_II

And I sure would like to know what the heck this is; one of my students
sez I've found the Missing Link between Cricket & Shrimp:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album389/cricket_darken_shadow

Bob Palmieri