[LRflex] Re: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v1.2

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 23:07:32 +0200

Thanks Herr Doug
I know your expertise in software and will try this out - BTW, I'm a Frog and French doesn't affect me so much - got used to reading for a long time now ;-)
More here : http://perso.numericable.fr/%7Ephamard/00-Frog-adresse.html
Thanks again for the tip.
Phil...x

Douglas Sharp wrote:

Hi Phil,
on the top line - click on help and select updates - it will take you to the Adobe website and the page with the update for 1.2. then just download it - it's free as long as you registered your version of 1.0. Actually 1.2 doesn't do much in the way of things you would often use - it's the 1.1 that has the important stuff (it's included in 1.2)

If you work in English on a French language Windows OS it'll give you a big surprise by converting all your English to French - as it did with mine and turned everything Teutonic.

Luckily I discovered a very simple fix - Find where you stored Lightroom then go to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.2/Resources and change the names of the two language files you don't want to something else. The update has 3 en fr and de, so I renamed de to German, fr to French and left en alone. Now everything is back to English on a German OS - BTW, Adobe's support centre is still working on finding out how to do it - and I must say that they are VERY helpful people once you find out how to get somebody on the line.
Cheers
Douglas

Philippe Amard wrote:

Hi Bill,

I purchased LR and got V 1.0 - how do you get the update/grade ? do you have to pay for it?

Thanks
Phil...x

William Abbott wrote:

Hi-

I downloaded and installed Lightroom v1.2 (for my Mac today) from the Adobe website and it seems to be faster and doesn't (yet!) hang up from time to time like v1.1 often did. YMMV.

Good luck,

Bill