[LRflex] Re: Adaptall 2 on SL2?

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:31:48 +0100

Hi Reg
When I started with the Leica R7, I had a SP Tamron 70-210, I put a LEICA R on
it, swaping out the previous PK mount.
It was quite good when stopped down and the mechanical adapter was pretty OK
for a lens of that weight.
I found a clear answer to your quest:
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/53959-tamron-adaptall-2-mount-leicaflex-sl.html ;

In a couple of words, the adaptall 2 for Leica is "R" or "3 cams". The SL uses
only 2 cams and ignores the third cam.

Only some products from Tamron were compatible with Leica R, please refer to
the section Tamron here:
http://www.summilux.net/r_system/autres_marques_f.html

It's in french but there is a table that lists the compatible lenses, see if
your "graal" is among these.

Finnally, there is one adaptall quite affordable in the vicinity of my home (I
can help to purchase, contact me off line, I'm not the seller!):
http://www.phox-occasion.com/tabid/107/CategoryID/4/List/1/catpageindex/42/Level/a/ProductID/10332/Default.aspx

IMHU, the prices over the FleaBay are a bit high to me on that item.
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons Alfort
France.