[LRflex] Re: A very contrasty walk around a dull place

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 18:27:37 +0200

Hi David,

Thank you - it used to be all warehouses, engine sheds, grain and cement hoppers and a canal shipyard - after it was all demolished, it became a residential area with very few amenities.

Cheers
Douglas

On 05.06.2014 16:06, David Young wrote:
G'Mornin' Douglas!

Well, I have to agree with your two favourites.

An interesting series of what looks to be a rather desolate area.

Nice work!

David.

Last Saturday was very bright, hot and sunny.

I took the opportunity to take a stroll around Seelze - a suburb of
Hannover built around the railway and the canal - while waiting for the
missus.

The pix start here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/Seelze.jpg.html

Before anyone asks, people do live there, they just seem to have been
somewhere else on that day.

My favourites are these two:

A splash of colour in a dreary corner by the sidings:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/389332-1/Seelze-6.jpg

and a lone cyclist at the traffic lights (one of the very few cyclists
in Germany who observe red lights)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/389362-1/Seelze-16.jpg

All the rest are in B&W, too.

Cheers