[LRflex] Re: A good news story..

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:24:29 -0800

GOOD ON YOU DAVID!  :-)
cheers,
ted
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "LRflex" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:13 AM
Subject: [LRflex] A good news story..

My sister is more of a "do gooder" than I am.  She has, for years, provided
funds to help educate some of the less advantaged, in Kenya.

She has done this for one young lady in particular... Marth Mutiso.  Lately,
Martha has taken a shine to photography. So when my sister went to Kenya, last spring, to visit her; I sent her with her, a set of my photo instruction DVD's
and a whole bundle of photo accessories (basics like lens cleaning fluid,
micro-fiber cleaning cloths, a few filters, etc.) that are both expensive and
apparently, hard to come by, in her part in Kenya.

But Martha has talent, and I've just learned that she has been short-listed, as
a finalist, for the Kenyan Photography Awards.

I'll be keeping my fingers, toes and eye's all crossed (for luck), and will let
you know how she does.

David.