[LRflex] Re: A few shots from Death Valley

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:19:49 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Aram
  I've actually been to DV a number of times, I just haven't had the time to
get up to that end of the park(usually a quick day trip with the wife) next
time I do want to make it up there.

Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    We were in my father-in-law's 4x4
pickup and it was fairly rough.  I would not take my RV-van in there.  However,
perhaps a good car, with fairly high clearance would work.  It is NOT a 4x4
road, just long and rough.  I wouldn't have had any dishes left in our van.  We
have a 19 foot old Pleaasure Way van.

So, by far a SUV type of vehicle would be best, but there were a few cars in
there.  I did not see any places where you needed a real high clearance.  But
be prepared to be shaken around a lot.  Of course, things can change after rain
storms, but I would say that this year is pretty well set and you could do it.
It is, if I remember, 27 miles in and 27 miles out.  No short cuts.  But well
worth seeing.  I think it was the highlight of the trip.  Go for it!!

But it will be HOT from now on.  I mean really HOT!!!

Aram

---------------------------------
  Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:43:39 -0700
From: yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Re: A few shots from Death Valley
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Aram
  Beautiful series, happened to look at more of the album than posted and all
shots are excelent. Question for you-- how tough of a ride is it to get to the
racetrack? I've heard all sorts of horror stories such as " high cklearance
vehicals required, extra tires etc."

Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P  {padding:0px;}  .ExternalClass
body.EC_hmmessage  {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}    Been out of the
Valley for about a week now recuperating at my father-in-law's place in
Southern Cal.  Here are a few shots taken in death valley.

Aguerberry Point
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/death+valley+show-12.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Aguerberry+Point-3406.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/death+valley+show-22.jpg.html

Racetrack Playa.  I have been facinated by these since grade school.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Racetrack+Playa-3629.jpg.html
near miss:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Racetrack+Playa-3632.jpg.html
Hear the screaching breaks?  :-)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Racetrack+Playa-3638.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Racetrack+Playa-3641.jpg.html
How big are they?  Here is a medium sized one:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/dv/Racetrack+Playa-3644.jpg.html

Comments welcome.  Most taken with Rebel XTi and Leica 25-70/4 or 100 APO.

Aram

  Regards
  YXAndy

  Pack up or back up?use SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies. Learn
how.

Regards
YXAndy