[LRFlex] A couple of geese

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:35:22 +0200

Well, if everyone else is doing it I'll have a go too.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/nehneh_1 Hawaian Geese aka Neh-Neh
The problem with these geese isn't getting close to them, rather the opposite
They were close to being extinct when the Washington Wildfowl Trust in County Durham UK started their breeding programme some years ago.
The success rate was so high that they are almot becoming a pest, at least in the grounds of the WWT. Once they latch onto you they're
hard to get rid of. They also have probably the silliest call of any goose I've ever heard (see the alternative name)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/nehneh3
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/nehneh2

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/canada_1 The ubiuitous Canada Goose - is this bird going to become the list mascot

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/greylag Trying out a 600mm mirror lens on an SL2
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Birds_1 just a couple of common British birds

and someone who would love to play with them all.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/cat_1

Apologies to those of you have already seen them
regards
Douglas

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm