[LRflex] 4.3 seconds

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 12:25:23 -0700

Yesterday, Rose and I managed to get away to Falkland, for their 91st Stampede. This is one of the area's major rodeo & bull riding venues, yet Falkland is a town of just 325 souls! I think they must all eat & breathe rodeo!

---

The object of bare-back bronc riding, is to hold on, with one hand, while not touching the horse with the other, for a mere 8 seconds.

If you think it's easy ... try it some time!

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/43seconds.htm

At the six second mark, it doesn't look any easier ...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/6seconds.htm

This poor chap got his hand binding (used to prevent damage to the hand) caught in the wooden "handle" that is strapped to the horse, in lieu of a saddle. This necessitated the two "rescue riders" to pin the bronc, and try to get him off. This is what it looked like at the 25 second mark...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/25seconds.htm

In the end, he rode that beast for nearly 35 seconds... not the most pleasant way to spend your afternoon!

C&C welcomed, as always.

David Young
Logan Lake, BC

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net