[LRflex] Re: 100 yr old Russian Colour Photos

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:45:03 -0700

> Hi David,
> These are very nice images. I wish the gallery had some text... ANY
> text! Because

Richard...

At the bottom right of the images are two clickable "buttons". ...  "Slideshow"
and "Show/Hide
Captions"

Click on the Show Captions one, for the text.

Sorry, should have mentioned that the first time 'round, but I keep Show text
on, all the time, as I
am a daily user of BBC News.

Your suspicions are mostly correct, and these images do now belong to the
Library of Congress.
Originally only viewable by projection, it is the scanning an combination
process that is now
allowing prints and web images to be made.

Cheers!
David.