Re: sunday's birds CORRECTED

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:48:22 -0800

Doug -
Don't know my left from right...;-)

Just took a look at what everyone raved about - they're right!

My favorite is the male bluebird. I like his expression (or the one he seems to have), the depth of field isolation from the background, and uniform background color with no distracting curves or shapes. The strong diagonal perch and echoing dark lower-RIGHT corner are nice too.

Your Northern flicker looks a little like Dilbert's boss... ;)

Mark

Mark Bohrer
Wildlife Photography on the Urban Edge
www.mountain-and-desert.com

At 11:21 PM 3/4/2007, you wrote:
On Sunday morning the light was too good to waste any of it on
household chores.  Y'all be sure and tell me when you're getting
tired of seeing these.

Northern Flicker:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/picidae/nofl00.html

more Western Bluebirds, male and female:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/turdidae/webl06.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/turdidae/webl07.html

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento