Re: leicas

  • From: Mark Langer <mlanger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:21:06 -0500

I'm a big fan of the early screwmounts.  I've got 2 IIIcs, 1 IIIf, a couple of
Nicca Leica look-alikes (wonderful cameras with all the
virtues of the screwmounts, plus M Leica type loading and an advance lever),
and a Leotax F which I basically acquired because of the lenses
it came with, but liked so much that I kept.  As for the M mount cameras, I
have a Leica M6 Panda and a Minolta CLE.  I have to say that the
CLE is getting the most use now, and I haven't figured out whether that is
because of its feature set, or simply because it was the most
recent acquisition.  Devoted as I am to Leicas, a number of these
Leica-compatible cameras make wonderful additions to the arsenal.

Mark