Re: Ta-Da! Another cover

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:13:05 -0800

You guys are all living testimony to my answer to questions about what's the best camera: "The one you have with you!" And also the one you're familiar with.

At 06:03 AM 12/21/2004, you wrote:

on 12/20/04 5:37 PM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@xxxxxxx wrote:

> However, I will say whatever the future of Leica, the camera gave me my
> career, if for no other thing than the psychological wherewithal to... "Just
> do it!" :-)
> ted

There is something to this... several of my photos should not have been
possible if I had thought about them ahead of time but a little voice inside
my head whispered DAMN THE LOGIC, PUSH THE BUTTON.  IMHO confidence in the
equipment's capabilities made me listen to that voice.

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/pelicanidae/awpe00.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/rynchopidae/blsk00.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/haha00.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/parulidae/prwa00.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/carnivores/coyo02.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/horses/pete00.html

None of these photos should have been possible with the technologically
primitive equipment I'm using, and on other forums I've been accused of
either faking the photos or lying about the circumstances.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Mark Bohrer
www.mountain-and-desert.com
Adventure travel and wildlife photography