Re: R-D1?

  • From: "Bart Peeren" <bpeeren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:23:01 +0200

New auction site:
http://www.cameragas.com/

R-D1 for sale on Ebay:
#150155098839,
#150153537723,
#280147335732.
good luck!

Bart.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeff S. Matsler
  To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 6:19 AM
  Subject: Fw: R-D1?

  Hello,

  I've relocated and am now in Norfolk, Va!  Excellent place.  Wish I had time
to enjoy it.  ;-)

  Although I'm not a great fan of digital (shot with a Fuji S2, Nikon D1H and
D2H for years before dumping all my digi-gear and going straight RF film about
a year ago), I'm going to be spending an extended amount of time in the near
future in a country with limited photographic processing capabilities and feel
that a digital might be more a need than just a want.  However, I'm not
interested / capable of spending the $5K required on what is still for me a
hobby.

  Does anyone have any info, positive or negative on the Epson R-D1?  It looks
like a camera that's easily affordable (if you can find one - even used
perhaps) if the images are good.

  Let me know what you've encountered.  And if anyone knows of one for sale -
let me know.

  Also, during my relocation, it seems like I read an email from Stephen G.
about a new list for buying and selling gear.  Could someone point me to it?
Thanks!

  Jeff M