Re: Question for M8ers

  • From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:21:16 -0700

Yes.  My favourite with my M6 was the Noctilux, and is now the Summilux ASPH
35mm.  However, the Noctilux has taken the place of the Summilux 75mm on my
M8, and is still the second most frequently used lens.

I have since sold the Elmarit 28mm and Summilux 75mm (the biggest mistake of
my life!) and use the Summilux 35mm and Noctilux 50mm the bulk of the time.
 I also love the APO Summicron 90mm, although the framing accuracy is so-so,
and I occasionally pull out the Biogon 21mm, which is a fantastic lens as
well.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Ric Carter <ricc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Okay, I have a pretty good feel for the physics of full frame versus M8
> cell conversion -- 1.3 multiplication -- field of view versus focal length
> -- that stuff. That's not what I'm looking for here.
>
> Now the question for M8 users.
>
> Did your favorite or standard or most often used lens change from classic M
> to M8?
>
> If you used to like 50s , have you switched to 35s? If you old favorite was
> 35s, are you using the 28 mostly now?
> Did 50 lovers stay with 50?
>
> Are you less likely to use 90 or 135?
>
> Are you more likely to use ultra-wides?