Pictures from Where The Birds Are: Shoreline Park

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DUG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:31:46 -0800

Thanks to the friendly folks who came to Shoreline Park before sunrise last Saturday for my photography field seminar Where The Birds Are.

The coots were milling down by Shoreline Lake. Going down onto the uncovered lakebed put me at eye-level:
http://tinyurl.com/hfc2z

One of them stared me down:
http://tinyurl.com/hs4b4

Next we stopped by the Hummer-bush. The male Anna's Hummingbird was patrolling his territory, but I was more interested in the nearby golden-crowned sparrows. The light was warm, but this guy was cold so he fluffed up:
http://tinyurl.com/f7yoh

Two of us seemed to spook a black-tailed jackrabbit. But it may have been this red-tailed hawk some of the seminar attendees found behind us. He looked like he grew on the tree:
http://tinyurl.com/hm6or

American avocets swept the slough in their constant search for food. While everyone else took the front-lit picture, I went for silhouettes: http://tinyurl.com/jvjbg

The light was very hard by this time - too much contrast - so we retraced our steps to the pier in Shoreline Lake's west end. There are usually a few ring-billed and western gulls perched there, and today was no exception. One of the first-year ring-billed gulls got very bored:  http://tinyurl.com/qdrl9

All comments welcome.

Mark Bohrer
Mountain and Desert Photography
www.mountain-and-desert.com

Want better wildlife photos without expensive lenses?
Check out my Stealth Approach to Wildlife eBook at
www.mountain-and-desert.com/M&D_Seminars.htm ========================================================= To Unsubscribe: Send email to leica-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field. The acknowledgment that you then receive MUST be replied to per instructions. You may also log in to the Web interface to unsubscribe.