Re: Nashville Photos

  • From: lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 14:37:25 -0700

We analog semiconductor design engineers always said: "We don't NEED no stinkin' ones and zeros!"

Mark Bohrer, MSEE
Precision Copywriting
www.precision-copywriting.com
(408) 866 9405

At 02:14 PM 5/19/2007, you wrote:
Jim (and Harrison),

I have to differ with you. There ain't nothing like looking at chromes projected through good glass large onto a good screen. That is something I really miss. Although, as you said, there's something to looking at chromes on a light table as well. A client needed some reprints so I pulled out some architectural Hasselblad chromes I had done a few years ago and while louping them I was amazed and, perhaps nostalgiacally saddened, at the level of detail, dimension and plasticity inherent in the scenes. Sometimes there's more to life than "1s" and "0s".

Carl Socolow

Jim Brick wrote:
Hey Harrison... are you sure it's Nashville? It looks like Pisa to me!

Just kidding of course - It's amazing how a 12mm lens can topple buildings!

Great photographs Harrison!!! Awesome!!!

I have a question, even though moot since it's outdoor in the summer sun, but, did you consult the M5 meter? and if so, how close was it to reality?

And, as I tell all of my digits, "there ain't nuthin' like looking at chromes on a light table!"

:-)

Jim

At 12:42 PM 5/19/2007 -0500, Harrison McClary wrote:

On the Thursday I walked around a small part of downtown Nashville
with my new to me M5, some Kodak Ektachrome E100GX and Fujichrome Velvia 100. I made a lot of photos with the 12mm voigtlander lens of the Ryman, and the new Schermerhorn Symphony Center. So you can see Nashville's homes for different kinds of music.

http://www.pbase.com/2plus2/nashville

Comments welcome.

It was nice to look at chromes on a light table again, they really do look nice.

--
Harrison McClary

Carl Sander Socolow
Socolow Photography
www.socphoto.com
Inventing the unknown calls for new forms.
   A. Rimbaud

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this email and document(s) attached are for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain confidential, privileged and non-disclosable information. If the recipient of this email is not the addressee, such recipient is strictly prohibited from reading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this email or its contents in any way.