Live Farside Cartoon

  • From: Mark Bohrer <markbohrer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: digitalusersgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:29:43 -0700

What your stuffed animals do while you're sleeping:
http://tinyurl.com/cxzxpa

This started as a strobe test inspired by photographer David Hobby's site strobist.blogspot.com. I had no human subjects, but there were a lot of stuffed animals around the house. So I placed the bear, but he needed some friends - it kind of grew from there.

Leica M8, 50mm f/1.4 Summilux non-ASPH
550EX flash manual 1/8 power, slightly to right of subjects
430EX flash manual 1/32 power, to left side - adds catchlight, tones down shadows Pocket wizard to wirelessly trigger 550EX from the camera, 430EX optically slave-triggered by 550EX
Exposed to cut out afternoon daylight.

All comments welcome.

--
Mark Bohrer