Leaving through the side door...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 06:55:15 -0700

Like most of us, I try to post only photos which are technically very good, if not excellent.

But this shot is testimony to the pitfalls of autofocus. The action moved so quickly, that the camera simply could not find the subject and so it focused on the only non-moving thing it could find ... the ground in front of the subject matter.

Still, in all my years of watching rodeos, I've never seen a rider leave his steed in such a spectacular manner. Thus, technical flaws and all, I could not resist sharing the shot with you.

As the cowboys would say, he was "leaving through the side door".

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/SideDoor.htm

C&C appreciated, as always.

---

David Young,