Re: Large format thread on Photo.Net

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:32:38 -0700

Nathan:
Thanks for the chuckle!

The gentleman who originally posted must never have read any of Ansel Adams' photography series. I have trouble believing anyone wouldn't know what you see looking through a view camera, but...

You have a similar challenge looking through a telescope with a 45 degree prism at the night sky - makes it tough to use a star map, but your mind gets used to it if you do it enough.

At 08:36 AM 10/22/2005, you wrote:
I know some of you are large-format shooters, so you might enjoy this thread on Photo.Net. At first I thought the original poster was joking, but that is evidently not the case...
http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=006Ivu

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands