Re: I'm back

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:32:48 -0800

Mike:
Try Fred at International Camera Technicians, Mountain View, California. The web site is
http://www.ictcamera.com. He's worked on my M3 and M6 TTL. He does good work.

At 07:27 AM 11/18/2005, you wrote:

Been "on vacation" on this list for quite some time  and don't expect
to waste your bandwidth too often,  but I'm back now with a couple of
questions.

First, any suggestions for repair people who will go over a 1937 III
f and turn it around relatively quickly?

This is a a truly battered camera, not worth a restoration job but it
is fun to use. All the speeds seem OK, except the 1/1000th which
sometimes hangs up. I suspect the shutters were improperly installed
or adjusted at some earlier date.

Second, I recent;y updated my computer's operating system and lost my
entire address book!

I would like the e-mail; addresses of David Young recently of
Vancouver BC (now somewhere up in the mountains) ands, if anyone has
it, of Ivor Matanle, with whom I corresponded in the past. I could
probably write to him care of Amateur Photographer, but if you read
this list, Ivor, let me know how I can reach you.

Thnaks for any leads,

Mike Levy

Mark Bohrer Precision Copywriting www.precision-copywriting.com

Technical copy in plain language