Help Request

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:12:01 -0800

I am attempting a "hack" of the electric release cord for the DM-R (Leica Part #14254).

Although there are 7 wires inside, and 8 pins on the connector, only 3 wires seem to actually be used. The White (common), Pink (wake up) and Brown (fire shutter). The green, grey and yellow wires are not even wired up at the connector end!

However, when I short the white and pink, the camera wakes up, just fine. Shorting the white and brown, fires the shutter, as it should.

However, in use, lightly pressing the shutter release will "lock" the spot metering measurement - indicated by the "spot" in the finder's display turning off. This is the case with all three releases (1 on camera, two on DM-R).

If anyone here has the DM-R and either the 14.254 or 14.255 release cords, will you please hook it up to your DM-R and tell me if lightly pressing the cords release button locks the Spot metering? If it does, I have much more work to do. If not, I can proceed, with the knowledge that I'm not missing something.

Many thanks, in advance.

--
David Young,
Logan Lake, BC CANADA.