Re: Garden bridge

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:57:11 -0700

There was very little detail in the white dress, and I didn't think keeping what little there was made a difference in the image, which was slightly overexposed. There was no detail in the reflected sky - featureless white. The bridge walk had some detail. What I tweaked for was texture in grass and foliage, with CS3 Levels Options set to clip at .01% of whites and 0.1% of blacks. I chose this overexposed shot because the woman turned towards me. I have another, better exposed shot with no featureless sky where she's turned away. Because of that, I didn't like it nearly as well.

I use a Dell 24 inch monitor calibrated with EyeOne Display.

Thanks for your comments.

Mark

Jim Brick wrote:
Ditto on my 30" calibrated Cinema monitor - totally blown out.

Jim

On Jul 9, 2008, at 8:02 AM, Bob Adler wrote:

Mark,

On my monitor the highlights are blown.

Bob

Bob Adler