Friday Steely Dan

  • From: Mark Bohrer <markbohrer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:04:36 -0600

Albuquerque's Isleta Amphitheater is a great place to see a show mid-week. Elvis Costello opened for Steely Dan there Wednesday, July 15. Everybody played all their hits (the Dan started with 'FM' (No Static At All), then played most of Aja).

As usual, conventional cameras and video were not permitted. However, I tried out an Exolens 3X telephoto aux lens on an iPhone 6, and got better (closer) results than the barefoot cellphone camera. Of course, a simple triplet design doesn't give corrected results across the frame. I used Lightroom to semi-correct pincushion distortion and horizontal perspective exaggeration.

Judge for yourself -
http://tinyurl.com/ocassah
http://tinyurl.com/qh3fx22

Best,