Friday FS - Nicely framed Wildlife Photographs

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:00:34 -0700

All:

From the Unabridged Random House Dictionary:

"chuffed: Adj. Brit. Dial.   Proud, Elated, Swollen with pride."

----------------------

Indeed, I am feeling just a wee bit chuffed. By this weekend, I will deliver twelve, of what I hope will be many, of my framed wildlife prints to the British Columbia Wildlife Park, for sale in their Gift Shop.

The Park receives over a half million visitors each year, and their souvenir sales are substantial. It is not easy to get accepted, but, as of today, I am a member of the fraternity. :-)

The park is run by a non-profit society and is entirely supported by admissions, gift shop sales and the proceeds from a small cafeteria. For a photographer of BC wildlife, it is the perfect spot to be!

For those interested: http://www.bczoo.org/ If you're ever in the Kamloops, BC, area - it's worth a visit.

These same, limited edition, tastefully matted and framed, wildlife photos are offered here, signed & numbered by yours truly, for just $59.

If you consider the cost of getting anything framed, these days, your first question has to be "how does he do it?"

Well, it's simple, I found a source of very attractive, yet inexpensive, frames which look very much like the basic black metal frames that most of us are so fond of for our own shots. I then went out and bought a mat cutter and mat board and learned how to do the whole thing myself! (I'd checked with a dozen or more framers and none of them would do the framing for as little as I sell my framed prints! And that's in lots of a dozen at a time!)

By the way, my supply of these frames is starting to run low, and I am, it seems, unable to replace them. When they are gone, I will have to move to genuine, metal frames. They are a bit nicer, it's true... but this will result in my prices increasing by nearly $30, just to cover the cost of the frames! With the Wildlife Park selling them, it won't be long before the price goes up!

You can see them all, at:  www.telyt.com

Visa & Mastercard accepted though PayPal.

BTW: If you have the need, publication rights to most of these photos can now be purchased at: http://tinyurl.com/2amll4 - but the genuine article cost considerably less!

Thanks for reading.
---

David Young,