Re: Canon-ization

  • From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:08:37 -0500

At 12:11 PM 12/11/2004, you wrote:

Tina,

How do you deal with dust while you're there? Do you bring a sensor cleaning kit?

I do have a sensor cleaning kit, but I don't change lenses in dusty places so I haven't needed one so far.

What are you doing for downloads? Are you downloading to a computer or a portable storage device?

I'm carrying the Nixvue Digital Album and a laptop computer. The Nixvue for daily downloads, the laptop for burning CD's and reviewing the photos.

What are you going to do when you submerge your digital bodies as has been known to happen (knock on wood)?

The 1DMII is weather sealed. Somebody on one of the pro lists said that he turned over in a canoe and his 1DMII survived but the film Canon's were toast. I'm not planning to submerge them, though!

Have a great trip.

Thanks! And happy holidays to everybody!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com http://www.workbookstock.com http://www.newscom.com http://www.americanphotojournalist.com