Bluberries...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 07:59:41 -0700

Yesterday, we had my niece and her daughter with us for a quick, overnight visit, and, like most of our visitors, they wanted to see some wildlife. So despite having a nasty flu, I took them out past the mine, where there are 4 bands of wild horses. Not the most exotic of beasts, but the marmots are already hibernating, and the horses are virtually guaranteed to be found.

Along the way, I spotted a police 4x4, by the side of the road, and as I approached he put on his lights. Damn! I was sure I hadn't been speeding.

As I drew closer, we discovered they were the fish police (Conservation officers) and their lights were to warn us. They'd spotted a bear by the side of the road, contentedly munching in a blueberry patch!

I pulled over and we all watched him, with fascination, for a full 10 minutes, until he eventually wandered away.

He can be seen by going to http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/bear-4.htm

Comments, criticism appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

--