RE: A whole lot of bull....

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 19:48:41 -0700

David Young showed:

Subject: A whole lot of bull....

There is one particular bull on the BCRA circuit, who has been ridden

two to three times, each weekend, for the last 3 years.

Last Saturday, one very tough cowboy became only the third chap to stay on
him, for the full 8 seconds.

One look and you'll understand why.....

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Ride.htm
<http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Ride.htm%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c> <<<<<

Hi David,

Now that's one mean assed bull popping that high straight up trying to shake
the rider. :-) Maybe a touch of cropping to drop about half of the fore
ground will add extra punch to the photograph and action.
I noticed you said in another post you had to do some cropping even to get
this shot.

Heck I'd not have a worry about cropping, as the content is so powerful
right on the mark sharp and excellent exposure, some cropping isn't going to
be noticed by a viewer simply because the content is so strong they wont be
looking at anything else.

Don't even tell anyone you cropped it. Heck for all my years and I know many
others, cropping was just part of making the picture/content look better.

It seems today so many shooters have a fit if they have to crop any shot at
all, I find it quite amazing as cropping is just another part of the
process. Besides nobody is so perfect that every shot they make fills the
frame as perfect as they'd like. So crop and let the cropping fall where
they may.

ted