Re: #026

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:53:39 -0800

Graham,
Right on the mark! :-) Thank you.
ted
----- Original Message ----- From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "LUG" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: #026

From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>

Graham posted:
>> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06026.htm<<<
Subject: Re: [Leica] #026

Hi Graham,
Nice reflective photograph for this time of the year. My instant re-action
was .... "turn this into a narrow top to bottom wide picture." :-)

In other words, crop off the bottom leaving about a 1/4 inch from the top
reflected image of the big tree about 3/4 of the way across from the
right.
This eliminates a chunk of the grasses right bottom and balances the
photograph giving a much nicer feeling to the scene.

I believe you've said in the past, you don't like to crop? However me old
son, I feel this suggested crop turns a nice photo into a very good photo.
;-) Or better. :-)

But then that's my one eyed look compared to your two eyed look. ;-)

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4
250-477-2156

Hi Ted,

You are right about me preferring not to crop but I did walk a hundred yards
or so until I got the desired width. A crop of sorts:-)

That said, you are of course absolutely right. The 'eyes' don't have it and
must defer to the 'eye' :-)
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/Temp_02.htm

Thanks for looking.

--Graham