[leasbirds] Re: Red-headed woodp

  • From: Jennifer Miller <foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 21:05:42 -0600

Thanks, Jeremy! I’m sorry that you’ve had to deal with that situation, too.
If anyone wants to bird somewhere but doesn’t feel safe by themselves, reach out to me or the listserv and we can start group birding! I’ve had that generosity extended to me before after previous incidents at our parks and I’m happy to do the same. To be honest, my comfort level towards birding on my own in Lubbock dwindles on a regular basis.

Jennifer

Jennifer MillerLubbock, TX
(o,o) /)_)  " "Email: foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx
Blog: https://foundnature.weebly.com/

On Feb 17, 2023, at 8:49 PM, Jeremy Clark <jclark848r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm glad you're ok. That's really frightening!  Been in that situation before.
On Fri, Feb 17, 2023, 5:19 PM Jennifer Miller <foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I went looking around 3:30-5 without any luck. I drove and walked the block. Saw two flickers but everything was quiet.
Word of warning: I was walking the alley btwn 37th and 38th and there are three dogs at 4017 37th. A German Shepard, a dachshund, and a black and white dog. The dachshund and the black and white dog got out of the fence and got on either side of me and I got bit by the dachshund. Fortunately I had on jeans and it just took some yelling to get them to back off, but I won’t walk that alley again.
Jennifer

Jennifer MillerLubbock, TX
(o,o) /)_)  " "Email: foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx
Blog: https://foundnature.weebly.com/
On Feb 17, 2023, at 12:05 PM, Jennifer Miller <foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the updates! If anyone else goes out there, please keep them coming! I hope I can look for them this afternoon.
Jennifer
On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 10:31 AM James Crites <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Woodpeckers are still in area of Nashville and 37th Street (10:30).

Jim Crites

Sent from my iPhone

--
Jennifer MillerLubbock, TX