[leasbirds] Lubbock Cemetery

  • From: Jennifer Miller <foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:19:10 -0600

Just now leaving. Spent a couple of hours looking for the Pine Warbler but
could not relocate it. Found a flock of Dark-eyed Juncos, Robins, and
White-crowned Sparrows along the western edge of the cemetery. Initially found
two Yellow-rumped Warblers at the SW end, but something flushed 20-25 robins
behind me and they disappeared. Sun was working against me, too. Highlight was
a Kestrel and 5 Cedar Waxwings along with the Juncos (slate mostly, 1 Oregon,
and maybe 2 Pink-sided) and White-crowned Sparrows. Will be anxious to hear if
anyone else finds the Pine Warbler during the week as it would be a lifer for
me.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Jennifer Miller