[leasbirds] Re: Good birds in the canyon cut

  • From: Glenda Kelly <glendakelly13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 18:32:23 -0600

Thank you both for the report with great photos. Enjoyed it!
Glenda

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 12, 2023, at 5:12 PM, Jennifer Miller <foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Joe and Hannah!
Jennifer

Jennifer MillerLubbock, TX
(o,o) /)_)  " "Email: foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx
Blog: https://foundnature.weebly.com/
On Feb 12, 2023, at 3:03 PM, Joseph Girgente <joseph92@xxxxxx> wrote:

Following Anthony and Sheri's good luck in recent trips to the canyon cut (CR 3600 and CR 7300) Hannah and I drove around there this morning in the hopes of turning up some county birds.
Of note, we had a Harris's sparrow and verdin (locations and images in the attached checklist) and 3 roadrunners together near the Harris's sparrow. We're still working on one of those pyrrhuloxia down there one day and keeping our eyes open for canyon wrens in the county.
eBird Checklist - 12 Feb 2023 - Yellow House Canyon--CR7300 crossing - 28 species (+2 other taxa)

--
Thanks,  Joe Girgente
M.S. Biological Sciences, Texas Tech University 2024B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech 2015B.S. Wildlife Conservation, Virginia Tech 2020