[leasbirds] Buffalo Springs Lake 4/21

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:01:58 -0500

Greetings,

I spent some time at Buffalo Spring Lake this morning. Most waterfowl have
moved on but sparrows and now some warblers have moved in.

Best bird was an adult male Lazuli Bunting. Also had an early
MacGillivray's Warbler. I was a bit spoiled and had a Chipping,
Clay-colored and Brewer's in the same view at the same time. One Franklin's
Gull was on the lake with about 35 Ring-billeds. Virginia Rail and Sora
remain at the beaver pond. Audubon's outnumber Myrtle's by quite a bit and
are singing their rumps off. Wilson's are starting to be numerous.

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX