[leasbirds] Re: Birding Hotspots Website

  • From: Jennifer Miller <foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:44:08 -0600

Thank you, Whitney! :)
Jennifer

Jennifer MillerLubbock, TX
(o,o) /)_)  " "Email: foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx
Blog: https://foundnature.weebly.com/

On Jan 28, 2023, at 8:32 PM, Jordan Cochran <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That’s so cool! I’ll have to check it out. Your maps are awesome and will be so helpful to this site!Whitney

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 28, 2023, at 7:57 PM, Jennifer Miller <foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,
We have joined the website Birding Hotspots! All of the eBird hotspots in our region (and Texas) have been added but now they need information filled in by us birders! I have gotten the ball rolling by adding information for a few of the hotspots in Lubbock that I am most familiar with and anyone can suggest content or upload pictures. I encourage everyone to explore this site and feel free to add information and pictures about the hotspots that you are familiar with. Each hotspot has 4 sections for information: Tips for Birding, Birds of Interest, About this Location, and Notable Trails. There does not have to be content in each section. For example, not all hotspots have Notable Trails. When adding pictures, we are looking for general landscape and site pictures to give birders an idea of what the hotspot looks like. Your content will not appear immediately. All submissions to the site are approved by the site’s editors before they are posted. I have created additional maps like the ones that were previously distributed on the listserv for McAlister and Clapp and now they can be referenced and downloaded by anyone through this website. If anyone would like to help with map content for hotspots that they are familiar with, I will be happy to make the map with their input. I also welcome input on any of the maps that I create. If the boundary is wrong or you see an error, please let me know. It will help both local birders and visitors to have access to our collective knowledge.
Here is the link to Lubbock’s page:
Lubbock County, Texas, USbirdinghotspots.org<favicon.png>

Here is the link to the home page that lists all of the states that have been added to the site. You can suggest content or upload pictures for any hotspot in any state and any county that is on this website!
Birding Hotspotsbirdinghotspots.org<favicon.png>

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.