[lcfbtech] Question About Computer Microphone

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lcfbtech" <lcfbtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:00:46 -0700

Hi, Folks,
I have a very basic question.
I think I need to buy a new microphone for my computer. Even though I have a
adjusted the microphone volume to 100%, people have complained that the
volume is too low.  My current microphone came with our old computer, is
fairly small, and does not have an internal battery.

I'm not sure what to ask for when replacing it.  Do I need a specific type
of microphone; is it better to buy one with an internal battery? Does the
microphone have to match features of the computer in some way--such as
Windows 7 computer brand or anything else? Are some microphone brands better
than others?

I would be using the microphone to participate in chats on sites like
Accessible World, Talking Communities and Skype.
Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lori C.