Tomorrow's procedure.

  • From: Bryan Watson <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lcec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lcec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 21:55:45 -0800

Hey LCEC,
While this is a little late to be an effective warning, anyone who is
interested in a captain position must submit a letter of intent some time
tomorrow or soon thereafter (this information is getting out late, so there
will be some leeway in the due date), as well as attend the project management
seminar tomorrow after school in room 302 (sorry to beat you all over the head
with that, but we don't want anyone to miss out because they forgot). You may
submit it via email to Mr. Zimmerman, Luke, or myself, or you may bring a hard
copy to one of us during school tomorrow. You may apply to be multiple
captains, but you will only be selected to be one. If you are doing that,
please label any different letters with their respective captain positions, and
rank them in order of highest to lowest preference. The positions are listed
below. As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Mr.
Zimmerman or myself.

Captain Positions

Procedure:  Any member desiring a Captain’s position for the 2011 season will
submit a letter of intent by Monday, January 3.  Monday’s Project Planning
seminar is mandatory for all those considering a position.

Electrical – The electrical captain is in charge of wiring the component. In
addition, he or she will be collaborating with the programming captain to
ensure the control system is set up correctly through wiring and coding.

Programming – The programming captain is in charge of programming both phases
of the FRC competition. He or she is required to collaborate with the
electrical captain and strategy captain.

Chassis - The chassis captain is in charge of building the chassis of the
robot. This includes the drive system. He or she will be in charge of leading a
meeting to decide the drive system.

Attachment – The attachment captain is in charge of building the attachments.
He or she will also be responsible for presenting the final attachments as
voted on by the club from all designs submitted. This is incase different
components from different designs are voted on.

Strategy – The strategy captain is in charge of coming up with a strategy for
the 2010 FRC game. He or she is also responsible for knowing all rules related
to the game. This person needs to let the programming captain know of the
strategy and collaborate with him or her.

Scouting – The scouting captain is in charge of creating a database for all
teams of the competition we are attending. He or she will need to present on
the scouting strategy. If the scouting is already done by time the competition
starts, the scouting captain is part of the floor team.

Spirit – The spirit captain is in charge of unifying our team. He or she can
propose team spirit options that we can show at the competition.

Scheduler – This person is in charge of creating all schedules during the
build, practice and competition phases.  To include the pit and driver try-out
and all others needed.

Promotions – This person is in charge of creating and producing all promotional
materials, buttons and decals for any project of the club.

This is the last week before kickoff. Starting this Saturday, things will be
moving fast as we race to understand this year's game and then design a robot.
To start this all off, the Warners have agreed to host our kickoff party on
Saturday. More details on that at step this week, so it would be a good idea to
come either Wednesday or Thursday to get more information.
Bryan