[latrobehoamembers] Happy New Year Tip

  • From: Oliver <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "latrobehoamembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <latrobehoamembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 11:04:41 -0800

Dear Neighbors,

First of all - Happy New Year!

Secondly, now that we have a cell tower here, we can now access ATT Wireless Internet. You may have received their emails.

ATT is basically offering 2x the speed at 1/2 the cost of Cal.net

ATT is $40/mo (for 1st year), 10mbps download with 215Gig/mo limit. NOTE - there is a data limit.

If you have the 5mbps Cal.net plan, the cost is around $60/mo, but it has unlimited data. Cost is $70/mo with taxes.

So here's the tip:

Call Cal.net and ask what they are offering now that ATT wireless internet is here. They will (should) tell you that for customers that have access to ATT an tower, they offer 7mbps download for $40/mo with unlimited data. So with taxes it's $49/mo

You can save $30/mo an is is still a good plan.

You may want to get both Cal.net and ATT. When the power goes out for a PSPS (Public Safety Power Shutoff), hopefully one of the 2 services will still be up and the cost is $80/mo for both services. During one of the last PSPS, we lost landlines and cal.net internet also. Cell phones i.e. LTE still worked as I remember, but the "Dark Tower" was not up and running yet.

Oliver