LANUG Tuesday, July 20th Meeting - Introduction to Windows Azure - Ryan Duclos

  • From: Ryan Duclos <rduclos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LANUG <lanug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:41:01 -0500

Hello All. I just wanted to send an invitation to our next meeting
(TOMORROW)! Please RSVP to rduclos@xxxxxxxxx if you plan on attending and
haven't already RSVPed. If you know anyone who might be interested please
let them know.

  Tuesday, July 20th Meeting - Introduction to Windows Azure - Ryan Duclos
*Abstract:* During this session we'll explore an introduction to Cloud
Computing and the Windows Azure cloud platform. Covered will be basics of
the cloud dev tools, a look at Table, Blob, and Queue storage, and a dive
into some of the specifics of SQL Azure. *Bio:* Ryan Duclos is a Senior
Technical Consultant for Perficient, Inc. (PRFT), where he is passionate
about Microsoft development utilizing the .Net Framework and SQL Server
technologies. He lives and works in LA (Lower Alabama!) and loves spending
time with his family, as well as being a Community Influencer for Microsoft.
Ryan can often be found at regional events as both a speaker and an
attendee. He has been working with Microsoft Technologies since 2000, and is
well known in the Microsoft community as a skilled presenter, as well as
being highly involved in building technical communities around Microsoft
Technologies. Ryan is the President of the Lower Alabama .NET User Group and
is also involved with the Pensacola SQL Server User Group. In addition Ryan
is a frequent speaker at numerous Code Camps, SQL Saturday & User Group
events.
 *When*
Tue, July 20, 6:30pm – 8:30pm CST
*Where*
ITT 3100 Cottage Hill Road Mobile, AL 3660

We can all go out after the event to get something to eat.

*If you are interested, here are some other happenings in the area:*

   - *SharePoint Mobile
**http://sharepointmobile.groups.live.com/*<http://sharepointmobile.groups.live.com/>
   - Pensacola SQL Server Users Group (*Next Meeting: 07/29/2010*)
   http://www.pensacolasql.com
    - Hub City .Net User Group http://hubcitynug.org/
   - *Meridian .NET User Group **http://mnug.org/* <http://mnug.org/>
   - Deep Fried Bytes (PodCast) http://deepfriedbytes.com
   - Alabama Tech Events http://altechevents.wordpress.com
   - Community Megaphone http://www.communitymegaphone.com/
   - *Connect Southern Developers: **
   http://hubcitynug.org/announcements/help-me-connect-the-southern-community/

*<http://hubcitynug.org/announcements/help-me-connect-the-southern-community/>

Thank you,
Ryan Duclos

Twitter: @rduclos <http://twitter.com/rduclos>
Blog: http://rduclos.wordpress.com

Lower AL .Net User Group - President
Pensacola SQL Server User Group - Event Coordinator
SharePoint Mobile - Co Founder