LANUG Meeting 7/31 - Barry Ralston

  • From: dgreene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <lanug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 09:53:17 -0500

Good morning.  I hope everyone had a great 4th of July.  I also hope
everyone is enjoying their summer.  FYI, there's a great picture in CoDe
Magazine (http://www.code-magazine.com/Article.aspx?quickid=0707101) from
the Alabama Code Camp IV here in Mobile; check it out (you might be in it).

We have a couple of great meetings lined up in the coming months.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 6:00P CDT

Speaker: Barry Ralston, ComFrame

Topic: TBD (possibly Performance Point Server 2007)

Location: SouthEast Technical Solutions, 273 Azalea Rd, Three Office Park,
Suite 200, Mobile, AL  36609

Sponsor: ComFrame Software

Our next meeting will be on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at SouthEast Technical
Solutions.  Our speaker will be Barry Ralston from ComFrame.  Barry was one
of the presenters at the Code Camp in April and did a great job on Agile
Database Techniques in .NET.  Barry is a Senior Architect with ComFrame
Software, a Birmingham-based provider of innovative software solutions to
business problems. In addition to presenting at local and regional user
groups, Barry has delivered presentations on business intelligence, OLAP and
mobile development at the Oracle Developer Tools User Group, The
International Oracle User's Group - Americas, and JavaOne.

As usual, refreshments will start at 6:00P and the presentation will begin
at 6:30P.  Please RSVP to me (dgreene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) or Matthew Hughes
(mat_hues@xxxxxxxxxxx) if you plan to attend.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 6:00P CDT

Speaker: Doug Turnure, Microsoft

Topic: TBD

Location: SouthEast Technical Solutions, 273 Azalea Rd, Three Office Park,
Suite 200, Mobile, AL  36609

Sponsor: TBD

In September, our Microsoft Developer Evangelist and all-around great guy,
Doug Turnure, will present to the group.  Doug was also one of the
presenters at the Code Camp and was instrumental in making it happen.  We'll
post more info later, as we work out the details.

Alabama Code Camp V will take place in Birmingham in October.  Please stay
tuned for more details on that event as they become available.

Best regards,

Doug

Douglas A. Greene, MCSD

President