[ktvt] Fw: [Skypeenglish] Skype script and web site update

  • From: "thao vy" <missyguide@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ktvt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 21:36:55 -0500

Danh cho ai dang xai skype scripts.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Lee" <dgl@xxxxxxxx>
To: "screen access software with skype" <skypeenglish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 9:22 PM
Subject: [Skypeenglish] Skype script and web site update

First, as of last night, the visi.com web site formerly used for my
Skype scripts (and other things) has gone obsolete and is expected to
vanish entirely.  This was always a possibility, and I announced
recently on this list that people should update their favorites to
avoid referencing visi.com.  The move was suddenly made necessary last
night though by the complete shutdown of the site, apparently due to a
glitch at the ISP supporting it.  I have moved the site elsewhere, and
it should work as always for everyone if you use the dlee.org address
as I already recommended.  If you continue to use the visi.com
address, you may see old content, unrelated content, no content, or
errors.

So to clarify: http://www.dlee.org/skype/ is still fine, but any
favorites going to visi.com instead are not.

Second, I have posted a Known Issues section in the release notes for
Skype script version 4.2c.  The directions for speeding up the contact
list are included along with a number of other things.

Last but unfortunately not least, I am seeing evidence that there is a
condition that can cause JAWS to lock up when you use the current
scripts, as well as 4.2b and possibly 4.2a.  The scenario runs like
this:  You are in a chat window, and you want more history shown, so
you go to the chat message list, arrow up or hit Home to get to the
top, Tab to a link like "7 Days," and press Space to get more days of
chat history into the window.  If this bug manifests itself, your JAWS
will now freeze, no longer responding to commands etc.  I have so far
not heard of this happening to anyone at all, except that it happens
to me occasionally.  I guess it's good for a bug to effect the code
author most. :-)  Anyway, if you experience this, you will have to
shut down JAWS and restart it, then avoid that window for a while.  I
have been unable to reproduce this issue on demand, which makes it
very hard to fix.

--
Doug Lee                 dgl@xxxxxxxx                http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To access scripts for the latest version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype
To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html

mailto:skypeenglish-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

to download a tool to automate the installation of skypewatch go to this link.
http://www.hrvojekatic.tk/

http://bit.ly/64Y48

thanks and have a wonderful day.