[ktap] Re: What is the next plan to merge ktap with Linux mainline?

  • From: Eduardo Martinez <edchepen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ktap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 09:21:56 -0600

Jovi,

Hi - I am sorry I am a little late in writing this because of Holidays in the
US.

I want to add my voice of support for the ktap work. I did not agree with the
decision from the Linux community to not integrate it into the Linux mainline.

My team and I evaluated ktap and at the conclusion of the evaluation of ktap we
concluded that it is the BEST approach today and we are very hopeful that you
will continue to enhance it and bring it to the level of the current kernels.

I am eagerly awaiting any updates that you may have - we will be ready to test
it. We are currently doing some development using SystemTap but I will be happy
to switch to ktap!

Happy New Year,

Ed

Ed Martinez