[korgypark] Re: X5 and iMac

  • From: Brynley <brynley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:30:45 +1200

Fabrice,

>Hi folks,
>
>I have an iMac (type 1 - 333Mhz with MacOS X) and korg X5 synth.
>
>  Do you know if there is a possibility to connect an iMac with Korg X5 ?
>  I am searching for an "USB cable" which allows connection from "TO
>  HOST" to directly in USB (not serial).
>
>What about software ?

There is no way (sorry) to connect your iMac to your X5 using just a
USB cable to the TO HOST port. You will need a MIDI USB interface -
which can be obtained quite easily and cheaply - and this will have
to be connected to your X5 via normal MIDI.

Having just changed to OSX myself, and still not having made the leap
to OSX software entirely I cannot at this stage offer any software
advice.

Personally, (MHO), I am going to look out for an older serial-based
Mac and just use it for music sequencing duties...

Brynley