[korgypark] Suggesting a site for Equipment software files (EPROM)

  • From: RJF <theroom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k4@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:07:00 +0000

Firstly, sorry if some of you have received more than one copy of this.
It is not meant as Monty Pythons favourite meat, but I wanted to contact
as many people as possible to try and make this idea work.

As many of us know, getting hold of the latest software for our
keyboards, effects, etc., is nothing short of a nightmare. I have tried
tracking down the files I need so I can upgrade my equipment with very
little luck. As most of our stuff uses EPROM's to hold it's software it
is easy to blow the chips (as long as you have the equipment!!).

I thought it would be a good idea to start a site dedicated to holding
software files (and hopefully the last versions) so anyone can download
them and upgrade their equipment to the last version released. Many
items (Kawai K4 & Yamaha TX81z spring to mind) were not 100% until the
last software upgrade.

This is an open request for any files you may have so the can be added
to the collection. Please add the following information:

Version number
Type of EPROM used
IC location number on board (if possible) - especially when 2 are used
(Hi & Lo).

To make this idea work requires some help from you guys. If no-one
supplies anything, nothing can happen!

To start the ball rolling I have the following ready (Known to be last
versions:

Yamaha TX802: V1.50
Yamaha TX81z: V1.60
Akai S1000: V4.40
Korg 01w: #62

This is just the start. I will read the EPROM's from the rest of my
equipment and upload them when done. If updated versions appear they
will be replaced.

The site is up (and basic at the moment) and I will post the address
when I receive some files to make it worth while.

So, please help me make this work. Any Manufacturer
(Alesis,Ensoniq,Emu,Korg etc...)

Thanks

--
Richard