[korgypark] Another newbie!

  • From: JRCR <jeray31@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 22:01:29 -0400

Hello! I too am new to the list so please be gentle!  I bought my 05R/W about a
year ago and have been playing with it as much as I can (with 4 young
children!) and find it to be an incredible instrument for the $$.  I'm having a
lot of trouble navigating thru the parameters, especially the MIDI options -- I
have the manual and though I consider myself to be technically-inclined, find
it to be confusing.  Is there a better written guide that addresses the 05R/W
in particular?  I've read the Korgy Park pages but seems to be more for X5
owners (though a lot of useful info).  I'm interested in digital recording - -
I have a custom-built pIII 1GHz running Win98.  Other software I use are
Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.03, Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and MIDIQuest.  I've had some
success using the 05 in Cakewalk but any helpful tips would be much appreciated.
    Also, one of the output jacks on my Korg shorts out intermittently.  I
opened it up and they are soldered directly to the board! Anyone else have this
problem and if so, how did you fix it?
    Thanks for your kind responses and I look forward to hearing from other
05R/W users!

                                                                    James