[klipper] how to add high sampling ADC?

  • From: Stefan Kraner <steff.kraner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klipper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 23:45:33 +0200

Dear all,

I build up a lowrider2 (MPCNC) with a raspberry pi4 and two ramp1.4 control boards. One to control xyz with endstops, whereas the second ramp1.4 will be used to control two additional steppers for a T-shirt printing machine. Before printing, the machine should first recognize the geometric shape of the T-shirt by an infrared distance sensor mounted on the printing head, which moves over the table, sensing the Z data for each xy data.

Up to now I used the temperature control setup (heated_bed) to read the distance sensor, which gives a analog voltage two my heated_bed pin. However, by running over the table, the ADC is updated too slow, leading to the same read ADC values at the same timestamp but at different xy positions. My approach works if a make a pause of about 2s between each xy position, which is of course not acceptable.

I could not figure out how to increase the sample time of the ADC. I am also not sure if my approach makes sense, or if I should build a new python module for my distance sensor.

I would appreciate any help or advice. I am new here, as you probably already have recognized... :-)

Thanks and best regards,

Stefan